• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FLCL - do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Now wait... i thought it was shown that Haruko was really only after Adamus for his power. spoiler[I remember when Naota had the power of Adamus, Haruko said something along the lines of "That power is mine Takuun. You can't have it!"]

It was the eyebrow guy who said that Haruko loved Adamus. And when he said that, it was when he was trying to turn Naota against Haruko.
Oz_damb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote
But what about the offer she gave to naota?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Zeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Just roll with it, that's all the advice I can give for FLCL.
BakuretsuNavi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quote
uhh ... its nice to see that anime like flcl can *cheat* people ...
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
I actually saw the whole thing about 2 weeks ago. I saw the dub, and it actually wasn't too bad, given it was only my first time watching it.

The story wasn't very complicated at all. I just think the all of the crazy antics were kinda their to distract people from it. I appreciated every aspect also. The music is awesome, great voice acting (but remember, I've yet to see it in Japanese), some of the smoothest and cleanest animation I've seen, and some fair shares of action, comedy (more so than anything else), some (subtle) romance, and all packed into a well written lunch box of 6 episodes. (lunch box? Shocked)

I don't have any complaints, in that I liked the beginning, ending, and everything in between. This one that should be in anyone's collection.
Pitargo Nats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I found it confussing at first. However, it is definately one of the most intelligent series I've seen in a while. One thing I discovered is that it makes more sense if you watch it a couple times through. After the first time it aired on AS I felt that I had an understanding of the series. However, on the second run through, it was like I discovered pieces missing from the puzzle, and that I found those pieces. I recently purchased the DVD's and was planning to watch the directors commentary sometime in the next week or two when time permits. Hopefully, that will clear up some of the questions I still have.
Syker 07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:32 am Reply with quote
A lot of people seem to hate the fact that it's only 2 episodes per DVD.

Then again, a lot of people weren't fans when releases were on VHS, you had to choose between sub and dub, and you were never really sure if a series would be finished out. And if it was, the release might be stretched out over a rediculously long time.

That said, I happily payed for each pair of episodes. I liked the show from the opening scene. At it's core, it's just a coming of age story. There are lots of shiney, psychotic things interlaced into it, but that's what gives it personality.

The reason I really liked FLCL, was because the whole time I watched it, I felt like I was being told an urban legend. It was a really good story, but you're pretty sure whoever's telling it to you is either BSing, crazy, or both. It reminds me very much of The Adventures of Baron Munchaussen in execution. For some reason...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2