• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: A Condition Called Love

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 am Reply with quote
I actually prefer stories where the characters are a bit messed up. The reason I bounced off A Sigh of Affection, even though it was a good show, was because the male lead was Mr. Perfect McWonderful, and I just find that kind of boring. But I also grew up on romance stories from the 90's and 2000's and boy oh boy, Hananoi is positively angelic compared to some of those era's romance leads.

Would be nice if the show looked better though.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't think everything about Hananoi is meant to come off as okay, I feel like they're slowly showing that he has abandoment and isolation issues that causes him to act out in relationships (because he feels he only has himself left to give) but that's ultimately why he needs someone like Hotaru who values him and his feelings rather than just what she wants.

And we've seen over the course of the last few episodes why she's fallen for him, from just being interested in his perspective and his idea of love to seeing all the effort he goes to for her sake and being so tender and caring towards her. It was gradual but it was there.
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:20 pm Reply with quote
...the hell was in that soccer ball? Rocks?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2