• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Eh, after the whole punching a walking zombie shark with a battery and walking away with only a few scrapes it is clear that the MC group is safe/plot armored, with the new episodes that also seems to include the people in the village. Everyone else is pretty much fair game.
Though I am in it for the crazy fun and seeing a more cheerful/hopeful(?) representation of a zombie pandemic.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:24 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Going off of other themes, it was when the old folk were talking about how they worked hard, my mind suddenly made a comparison them working exhaustively as farmers, and say the working for a black company that the series mainly criticises. I was wondering if now we were supposed to think that working super hard was now supposed to be a good thing...

The difference is that the villagers were working hard for themselves, not being virtually forced to work for someone else's goals. Working hard because life's vagaries require it feels rewarding and makes you stronger and more resilient because you survived (assumig you did), while working (too) hard because a merciless power-tripping boss requires it feels hopeless because you can't see the end of it, and makes you like a slave or a zombie. So hard work can be good or bad depending on why you're working so hard.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (Finale... finally)

I have to admit that after episode 10, I wasn't sure this show was gonna stick its landing. I was not vibing on Mr. Shark Teeth. However, both episode 11 and 12 redeemed things for me. I actually enjoyed seeing the backstories of the Jerks and I was highly satisfied with how things ended. I'm rating the show Very Good and would absolutely be up for further adventures.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:31 am Reply with quote
I also want a second season, yet I almost feel guilty for suggesting it given how much of a horror show the production was and how insanely hard the people must have worked to make it happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8