• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amano and Robotech?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I guess, ever since the last few Final Fantasy games, he doesn't care what he slaps his name on anymore. Anyway, you can now get some autographed crap of his-including Vampire Hunter D-at his store at www.amanosworld.com .
Ryuko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote
(psh) Get over yourself, Gatsu. Just because Robotech's not technically anime, or not technically canon or whatever... doesn't mean that people can't like it or be interested in it. And if Amano's doing something with it, go him. It's his business. You don't have to buy it.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I've got to wonder what you have to justify "not caring what his name is slapped on". I mean, so he's decided to stray from VHD and Final Fantasy Characters that look COMPLETELY different the the in game sprites, but does that mean he's not doing what he wants? pfft to that, I'm pretty sure if he didn't want to do it, he wouldnt of
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Amano has the right to do whatever he likes, and like people have said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. *Still thrilled he did a Sandman book with Neil Gaiman*
Ryuko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:38 pm Reply with quote
^_^ I loved the Electra Vs. Wolverine book he did for Marvel... *_*
animaniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm with everyone here. i only wish I had the cash to buy some of his work from his store. his work with final fantasy and d as well as sandman is all good, amano is one of my fave artists great guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:20 am Reply with quote
Amano and Ayame Kojima are two of my favorite artists, and I became aware of them through their anime and videogaming work. (for those of you who are unaware of the name, Ayame Kojima is the woman who has done the character designs and artwork for the Castlevania games since Symphony of the Night)

I wouldn't hold it against the man that he, as a career artist and a popular one at that, sells his autograph or does work on commercial products. So long as he isn't compromising his style or his ideal, it doesn't matter what he chooses to do to keep his living.

Art, it seems to me, cannot be appreciated if people never see it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1