• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Dangers in My Heart (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:23 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I enjoyed this show but not to the same extent as some of you and rate it Good. As every year goes by, I grow less and less patient with the "clueless" male protag trope and the general slow pace of anime rom-coms in general.

Kyou's paranoia makes him hard to like. I know some people empathize with his situation recalling their school life, but for me, at 73, it was often painful to watch. If I shared his feelings, it was so long ago I don't remember.

At least we got a kiss in one show this season.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, I did say I identified with the character a little, but I also don't think they do a great job of representing his actual problem. I still say he needs a friend a bit more than a girlfriend. I think the revelation of his complex stemming partially from losing his only friends kind of proves that. The romance comes off as almost pure fantasy. The unpopular boy who wishes "If only I had a girlfriend"- but he's still basically unpopular... just with a girlfriend... and in the case of Anna- not really one who shares his interests and can be both friend and girlfriend.

Of the school romances, Insomniacs After School also has a kiss, and a better adjusted couple. The next episode almost seems like it could present a complete story too- except the manga seems to be still running.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I am a bit surprised that there has not been a single post about the second season here thus far. The first two episodes make for some solid progression and cute/awkward moments while still having all the charm of the previous season. The house visit in particular had lots of excitement and a fair bit of awkwardness.

Ichikawa is still telling himself that Yamada only likes him as a friend (if that), but it is getting harder and harder for him to lie to himself. The reason for that is mostly that Yamada is getting a lot less subtle and way more handsy.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:32 am Reply with quote
Season 2 Episode 1
Anna is 100% completely sincere in what she does, what was I thinking?

Episode 2
There it is. How could I forget that she's an actor? Anna at the end: There she is, that's the true her, when she accidently put his hands on her breasts. She had no problem stuffing his head into her breasts but once it was out of her control, she freaks.

"You may not like me if you get to know me." Can we at least agree there are sides to her personality? And I know emotionally mature people can act immature but can someone who is genuinely immature be an actor who fakes maturity?

And I did genuinely think she was honest in the first episode. Once she started to dominate him in her home, that's a different... Anna.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:58 pm Reply with quote
To my mind, the most recent episode is the best of the series so far. Yes, the setting is contrived, but Anna and Kyou's reactions were not.
brucezubaa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:53 am Reply with quote
I'm genuinely impressed by it as Dangers in my Heart dares to take on a realism that most projects wouldn't go near: People are icky. At least three times I thought "I can't belief this show went that far"... and two of them relate to the overweight girl. Another one for the toilet paper tube and then there's Anna's eating habits.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
Huh, I am a bit surprised that there has not been a single post about the second season here thus far..

Well... it took me two weeks to figure out that HDive's dumpster fire website (I assume the app is different) requires a very specific set of clicks to actually get to the new episodes. I've always watched their new content from the "Simulcasts" page... and the show is there, but if you go to the episode list tab, it only goes through 12.5.... which I thought must have been the first episode of the season... not an extra episode I missed at some point.
NO, you have to go to the show page and click the episodes tab THERE and that gives you another tab to show the 2nd season episodes.

Watched them Monday.

Don't really have much else to say. Good progression, but my earlier problem remains.

I do appreciate that Anna is showing her own insecurities. It makes their relationship a little more understandable... although it threatens to be a bit of a codepency situation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3 sure was a fun time. Be it meeting the family (the father looks like a serial killer) and having a fake girlfriend causing Yamada to give a less than friendly look (yandere alert), Kyoutarou had a bit of a rough day. He did seem to have become liked by Yamada's parents though and he has made up his mind, so progress was made.

On a sidenote, Kobayashi is not exactly the most attentive person in the show and Moeko can take her teasing a bit too far.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:54 pm Reply with quote
In an earlier post I said that Yamada is getting more pushy/less subtle, episode 4 aka the valentine episode turned that up to 11. No matter how much of a stubborn or confidence lacking mc Ichikawa is, the hints were impossible to ignore. I was a real good valentine episode, good luck to Shou tough....
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:18 pm Reply with quote
You know, as much as I enjoy the romance in this, seeing Kyoutarou grow over time might be the thing I like most about the show. Episode 6 showed off just how far he has come since the very first episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh, man, I remember that feeling too well, of someone making you think you could jump the fence and venture successfully into the wider world. And I felt the dread for him, knowing that as soon as he let himself believe it, the universe would yank the chain with, "And where do you think you're going?" Then I remembered this is fiction, so he'd be fine. Smile

So, like did his bangs grow a full inch in one day? He looked great in the salon, but next day his bangs were as long as ever, though his shave neck remained.

Wonder what happened in the minute they were alone? As far as I could see neither had a reason to be mad at the other, since she knew sempai was lying, and Kyou knew she knew, so what's to ruffle their feathers about?
minamikaze

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:45 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Wonder what happened in the minute they were alone? As far as I could see neither had a reason to be mad at the other, since she knew sempai was lying, and Kyou knew she knew, so what's to ruffle their feathers about?

I think that their reaction was actually to Yamada's statement that there was somebody that she liked, when she turned down player sempai. Ichikawa realized that she had to be talking about him, and Yamada realized that he must have realized that. So basically, it was an unintentional, indirect confession, and both of them had trouble handling the overload of feelings that incited. Embarassed

They weren't angry, just overwhelmed and as a result, were unable to face each other. Figuring out how to follow up on the unintentional, indirect confession was not something either was capable of doing at that moment.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:16 am Reply with quote
I practically fell off my couch laughing at this scene. All Kyou needs is a tattoo.

Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:39 am Reply with quote
minamikaze wrote:
They weren't angry, just overwhelmed

You're probably right. I hope you're right. It's just their body language as they both stalked off looked more angry than embarrassed to me.

And yes, the pomp was priceless. Laughing
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah, they were embarrassed since it is kind of out in the open now. They both know that they like the other and acting stupid is no longer an option. As for the fuckboi...I might dislike him slightly less now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7