• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Witch Hunter Robin coming to Cartoon Network

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wizard55

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:08 pm Reply with quote
THEY USED TO SHOW INUYASHAS OPENING!!!! was this when it first aired!!! why do they always take that stuff off!!!?[/quote]
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:33 pm Reply with quote
wizard55 wrote:
why do they always take that stuff off!!!?

Because they're evil....just kidding.
Its because they don't have to take time from the show.
Compare Tank with Change the World, I am, Owarinai Yume, Grip, and the new 5th opening. Tank is very short on time than the Inuyasha openings.
Ataru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:05 am Reply with quote
Jeez, I didn't know that theme songs were that important. Basically, CN will have to give one ad or give the theme song. You figure out the rest. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SweetInsanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forums here. I don't know exactly how WHR is going to turn out, I heard that the dubbing was pretty accurate, but the content seems a little too dark for cartoon network to show without editing it. I have seen all of the series, and I must say, it is probably my favorite, but it would be a shame if the series was edited to the extent of some of the other series. *cough* tenchi, blue gender, etc *cough*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Jeez, I didn't know that theme songs were that important. Basically, CN will have to give one ad or give the theme song. You figure out the rest. Razz

Or the other way to look at it is that with the openning intact the more time edits they'll have to make to the show. So what's more important, seeing the intro or having a less edit series?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vash_the_Stampede

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather it would be on Saturdays, because Adult Swims line up seems that it might keep changing and plus it says that it's coming to Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are like to different things, am I right? BUT I'm not saying that it wont. I'm just saying that It would be better on Saturdays
(and we all know that Toonami wont show it)
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Vash_the_Stampede wrote:
Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are like to different things, am I right?

No, Cartoon Network is the broadcast network, while Adult Swim is just a programing block on it like Toonami or FoxBox on Fox.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Or the other way to look at it is that with the openning intact the more time edits they'll have to make to the show. So what's more important, seeing the intro or having a less edit series?

Emerje

I usually skip the opeing and ending after the first time anyway.
GoldenBeck0!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:17 am Reply with quote
I don't think themes are important, but if we can figure out why they do or do not show the theme we can at least anticipate what is going to happen to Robyn..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
setzer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Finally Cartoon Network is bringing more anime.
Meson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:20 pm Reply with quote
GoldenBeck0! wrote:
I don't think themes are important, but if we can figure out why they do or do not show the theme we can at least anticipate what is going to happen to Robyn..

That's simple: time.

The entire episode, include the episode itself and both the opennign and closing credits, must run under 24 minutes.Any more time and something has to be cut.

I have never seen WHR. But, if you want to know if the OP will be cut, time each episode starting from the first fram of the OP and stoppign when the screen fades out at the end of the ED. Subtract 24 minutes. The answer is howmuch needs to be cut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
zegron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:55 am Reply with quote
I have seen all of WHR, I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to getting the dubs. As to the show being too dark, yes it is a slightly dark show, but I can only think of one or two scenes where CN would need to edit it. They are a couple close to nude shower scenes, otherwise its an entertaining show.

Z
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Kholdstare

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Ok, lets see some Press Release about this already. I'm sick of waiting!
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote
The info was leaked, who knows when CN actually plans to officially tell us.
space clam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Something that may happen with this is that a fairly acclaimed television critic may notice WHR as a Buffy-type show, watch it, discover the high quality and intelligence, and write a very positive review of it. It may very well change the way a few people look at anime and Adult Swim. Of course, I'm sure AS is way ahead of me on this, probably one of the reason as to why they picked it up...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5