• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Announces New Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okendri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:39 pm Reply with quote
phazei wrote:
okendri wrote:
Anyway we don't want those to become another DBZ or Cowboy Bebop do we. Wink

What the h*ll are you thinking mentioning DBZ with Cowboy Bebop? Bebop was an excelent series and in no way what-so-ever compares to DBZ. Now, I don't watch cartoon network all that often and havn't watched anime on it so I wouldn't know if they butchered it with poor dubbing or perhaps there's something else I don't know, but I'd like to know what you were thinking in saying that.

Simple they have both been overplayed. Last time I checked Bebop has been rerun around 10 times since its premiere in Sept 2001 and we know DBZ has been overplayed too.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:28 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
the_redstar_swl wrote:
but CN will edit it alot(jive turky(un cool))

This isn't Toonami. And let me point out a little show called "FLCL" that aired with only two actual edits on Cartoon Network.

And really, those edits technically shouldn't count against CN, as one was an FCC standard (can't say "Shit" on TV) and the other was just marginally widening a censor mosaic that already existed in the uncut version (Kamon's crotch in episode 6).

Also, there was Big O, which ran completely uncut, and unless I'm mistaken that second set of Inu-Yasha episodes (that little 16 episode "mini-season") ran uncut, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Shirow is a genius storyteller

Amen brother!

I wouldn't say he appeals to everyone but he creates a fantastic world thats for sure.

Being a shirow whore who collects a lot of his artwork I'm alittle biased.

I wanna buy this series. It will be interesting if it goes to AS and if they edit it.
Langley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Such negativity with CN. We should be thankful we're even getting these three series played at all. Kudos to CN for picking up three of the best animes from 2003. With a streak like Bebop, FLCL, and the three new ones, who knows what they'll bring next. Something like LastEXLE would be right up their alley. (one can hope)

As far as censorship goes. Well Comedy Central just aired the South Park movie uncut at 1AM the last few nights. Cartoon Network should follow suit. Hopefully we could get some TV-MA uncensored anime down the line. (yeah right)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Langley wrote:
Something like LastEXLE would be right up their alley. (one can hope)

Indeed. Very Happy

Langley wrote:
As far as censorship goes. Well Comedy Central just aired the South Park movie uncut at 1AM the last few nights. Cartoon Network should follow suit. Hopefully we could get some TV-MA uncensored anime down the line. (yeah right)

Well, the difference is that Comedy Central is pretty much an adult-oriented network through & through. They're showing things like South Park, Dave Chapelle, Denis Leary, Crank Yankers, et al pretty much all hours of the day, so they can get away with things like the South Park movie being shown uncut. Cartoon Network, aside from those three hours a day, is still very much a family-friendly network, so Adult Swim can't be...y'know...too adult...if that makes any sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3