• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Loathe Inconsistent Moderation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah, so I guess I'm not going to be allowed to respond to Zac, eh? (My original reply was - gasp! shock! - deleted.)

Lame.

You can, but I doubt the "I don't care who you are!! You're on a power trip!!" crap you just posted is really worth arguing with me about.

I deleted it instead of banning you because I thought you might see that as "Oh hey maybe I shouldn't be so insulting and confrontational toward forum administrators who can kick my ass out of here" instead of an invitation to continue being confrontational.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Nah, you deleted my post because you realize you don't have the intellectual wattage, writing ability or intestinal fortitude to stand toe-to-toe with me. I admire your keen awareness of your own limits.

I don't know if your first post to me is representative of your natural, uh, "personality" or if you are (understandably) a little raw that a publication you once contributed to went under.

In any case, my own attitude towards you is completely predicated on you coming on strong out of the blue for no good reason that I can see.

Oh, and I'd appreciate the hell out of it if you didn't ban me.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Oh come on, give me a LITTLE more credit for sophisticated wit than that. If it were merely a matter of having the last name Dong, it wouldn't rate more than a raised eyebrow at best. But BAMBOO Dong? If you can't bring yourself to snicker at that image, than truly you have a heart of stone.

Sophisticated wit? Yes, because it takes sophisticated wit to realize that Bamboo can be an adjective to describe Dong. HURRRRR. You're definitely the first one who's ever come up with that gem!

How old are you, 9?

Quote:
Nah, you deleted my post because you realize you don't have the intellectual wattage, writing ability or intestinal fortitude to stand toe-to-toe with me.

I'm sorry. If you think that making the "LOL YOUR NAME IS FUNNY" dick joke counts as "intellectual wattage" and/or "writing ability," then you have grossly overestimated your own abilities. Not only are you not funny, not original, and not creative, you're also extremely immature.

Grow up. And I'm saying that on behalf of every Asian who's ever been on the tiresome butt end of a LOL PENIS joke.

Last edited by ANN_Bamboo on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Sigh.

So I guess I should just go start reading that "What to do if you're banned" thread, now, right?

Quote:
I'm sorry. If you think that making the "LOL YOUR NAME IS FUNNY" dick joke counts as "intellectual wattage" and/or "writing ability," then you have grossly overestimated your own abilities. Not only are you not funny, not original, and not creative, you're also extremely immature.

This is going to come as a shock, but no, I did not consider my Bamboo Dong reference to be an exemplar of Wildean wit. It was a throw-away comment in what had been a bantery thread. I'm 6'6". Guess how many times I've heard "What's the weather like up there?" But I don't get all pissy about it because it is to be expected.

Nonetheless, I apologize to you and anybody else who found what I wrote offensive.

Last edited by Blood- on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Sigh.

So I guess I should just go start reading that "What to do if you're banned" thread, now, right?

Maybe you should worry less about your fate on an anime forum, and think more about social decorum and how to not be a raging jackass. The latter will get your further in life.

Also, please don't hit on our forum moderators. It's creepy.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, please don't hit on our forum moderators. It's creepy.

Pfffft, are you really going to try and tell me Tony K. wasn't lapping up my coquettishness?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:15 am Reply with quote
You must be bored out of your mind if you are trying to start up trouble between yourself and the admin, Blood-. It's not worth whatever effort you're putting into it, and it doesn't do your social standing any good. I would heed their words if I were you, not ridicule them.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Pfffft, are you really going to try and tell me Tony K. wasn't lapping up my coquettishness?

Just the once. Internet flattery is much less exhilarating than compliments in person. But I appreciate the sentiment.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:45 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
It's not worth whatever effort you're putting into it, and it doesn't do your social standing any good.

Um, dood? I'm almost 44 and I collect anime. Guess what? Concerns about my "social standing" aren't exactly paramount with me.

Tony K - way to put up a brave front, man. I know the fact that I'm not allowed to mack on you anymore has made you die a little inside. And not in the good way.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Um, dood? I'm almost 44 and I collect anime. Guess what? Concerns about my "social standing" aren't exactly paramount with me.

He's likely talking about the forum. And at this point I think you'll be hard pressed to find a subscriber who doesn't think you're a creeper.

There's always one old guy at the college parties trying to pick up freshmen girls. The next time I see one, I won't be able to shake my mental image of Onsokumaru
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
Oh noes...I don't have a high social standing among anonymous strangers on a message board??? Whatever will I do?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh noes...I don't have a high social standing among anonymous strangers on a message board??? Whatever will I do?

All it takes is a little practice and common sense, bro. If you don't want to do that, that's your decision. I'm just trying to tell you something I learned a while ago, and I like being on here without having to be thrown off of the forums. If you want to post the way you do then you're more than welcome to, but keeping up those habits will just have you thrown into a certain group that the admin tends to keep eyes on. And then you're not taken so seriously.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
I'm glad you picked up on the fact that my highest goal in these forums is to be taken seriously. I was really worried that burning ambition wasn't clear.

I salute you and your keen perception, sir.

::snappy salute::

eta: By the way, I'll be leaving for a brief trip tomorrow after 5pm EST and won't be back in computer range until next Tuesday morning. That's a little over three days when I won't be able to post. I broadcast this as a public service to the legions of my detractors so that they have something to look forward to. No, please - no need to thank me.

Quote:
There's always one old guy at the college parties trying to pick up freshmen girls. The next time I see one, I won't be able to shake my mental image of Onsokumaru

And he wouldn't have it any other way. Nobody can ever accuse me of being inappropriate in my selection of avatars. Okay, screw it, this time I really am going to bed.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised to say it but I feel I'm siding with Blood on this.

A comment I posted consisting of a good paragraph or so in the Re-casting anime dubs... for fun that was not insulting or offensive was deleted. Someone commented about the idea of an Utena dub, I commented back with my thoughts on it. Perhaps it wasn't "stimulating" enough for where the mod wanted the discussion to go, but I got no justification as to why the post was deleted, and looking here I continue to find none. I wouldn't care if there was a reason given but there wasn't, and it just leaves me paranoid and downright P.O.ed.

This is about the only problem I've ever had on this forum, and I'm rather angry over it right now, and am getting a sense of deja-vu in recalling this has happened to me here a number of years ago. Can't say it stings any less now. Maybe general rules on what should be deleted by mods should be set to avoid this sort of confusion and anger I'm feeling in the future for other people.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
I deleted it because it was linked to a post to a post to a post to a troll post. I always delete even the most minuscule of bread crumbs that may have quoted or referenced to said troll. Sorry.

With that said, I encourage everyone to not feed or quote trolls from now on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5