• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I too enjoyed the switch in focus from the leads to secondary characters. Smart move. I put this title on the same shelf as Hokkaido Gals: it's not doing anything amazing but it gets the job done... by which I mean it's preventing me from dropping it, so far.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 was a bit weaker than last week, but it was still a fun time. The dog demon was handled during a fight that can be called....special. It seems that Lily is not quite like all the other angels and given that the demons are looking for something like an idol, well, it seems like a match made in hell.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:15 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
Episode 4 was a bit weaker than last week, but it was still a fun time. The dog demon was handled during a fight that can be called....special. It seems that Lily is not quite like all the other angels and given that the demons are looking for something like an idol, well, it seems like a match made in hell.

Yeah and judging by the opening, there are other angel characters coming that probably going to be the main antagonist.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:19 pm Reply with quote
So far I have liked the episodes packed with the side characters the most. The episodes focusing on just the two mc's I did not really like, until this week that is. The war of love with all kinds of over the top moves and Goku and Luffy duking it out was really fun in episode 5. There was also some genuine romantic progress that did not feel forced and it got a tad steamy.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they want to put the angels vs demons war plot as much in the background as possible, they want to do their Love is War story and this war plot we are going to push under the carpet.

What I find more interest is what these clans think of humans. The angels especially seemed to have some disdain for humans. I wonder if the human learn who are main character really are?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Meh. An entire episode of cut-rate Love is War-ism. Boring. My problem is that I'm not rooting for these two to become a couple so none of this means anything to me. Plus, I want Akutsu's supervisor to get her own show.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, episode 6 was not at all about the love is war games. We had one heck of a weird dream, a bit of action (rip sensei) and maybe a bit of progress story wise. Interestingly enough it seems like most of the angels might actually be bad guys. One of said bad guys is probably popping up next week.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:02 pm Reply with quote
smurky turkey wrote:
Well, episode 6 was not at all about the love is war games. We had one heck of a weird dream, a bit of action (rip sensei) and maybe a bit of progress story wise. Interestingly enough it seems like most of the angels might actually be bad guys. One of said bad guys is probably popping up next week.

You think, I am pretty sure let the beast demons be reborn and get adopted as puppies is not angel protocol.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:07 pm Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:
smurky turkey wrote:

You think, I am pretty sure let the beast demons be reborn and get adopted as puppies is not angel protocol.

Depends on which version of angel you have I suppose, some anime have angels that are all about purifying evil entities and letting them be reborn, the average angel in this anime seems the purge all heretics type.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I do think those new characters we meet, they are Akane's mother and uncle.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Thank God some story finally kicked in. I was getting near the end of my patience with all this, "Wha-- what is this feeling?" jazz. And dang, I thought for sure the scene in the nurse's office was gonna mean that Akutsu's REAL supervisor was going to make an appearence.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, we had some action last week and this week was kind of 95% the fallout to that. Some fun romantic moments, yet the episode kind of felt a bit like a recap at times.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Dropped, again. I think it's permanent this time. Yeah, just really bored with the dynamic between the two leads. Meh, it happens.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:49 pm Reply with quote
There is that, but the episodes also tend to be real hit or miss. When the other characters get involved it is usually fun with some good jokes, the battles are decent enough, the romance between the mc's just feels boring though. There is also a weird divide between the romance and the supernatural, like they can't be mixed.
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow that took a turn. Our Love Is War clone has turned into a Bleach clone. What series does it want to be?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3